MSM is the Middle School Ministry at Northeast that is designed for 6th-8th graders to continue to discover who they are in Christ through Biblical teachings, faith practices, and being in community with other students and committed leaders.
We are all about helping our middle schoolers find a place to be known, to be equipped and empowered in their faith, and to understand their part in God’s Story.
- Location: the Cafe at Northeast Christian Church (Door B) and in the Home of an MSM Family on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Day: Wednesday Night from Sept 2nd, 2018 – May 15th, 2019.
- Time: 6:30-8:00pm. Students can start to arrive around 6:20 pm!
See details on our summer groups, Guys Night & Girls Night, below!
Our primary communication is done through email. Be on the lookout for those! Another way to keep updated on all that goes on at MSM is to follow us on Facebook at @northeaststudentministry.
For more information or questions, you can email Emily at email@example.com
Guys Nights & Girls Nights – Summer 2019
Let’s start with the “WHAT”. WHAT are these nights? WHAT are they all about?
- At Northeast, we believe parents are primary in the teaching and instructing of their children. So this group is for dads & sons / moms & daughters (entering 6th-8th grade) to start having conversations about puberty, relationships, etc. A group of parents and their children coming together around the shared value of teaching their kids about themselves and healthy relationships.
Next is the “WHY”. WHY is this important? WHY are we doing this?
- The topics, while they may be uncomfortable to some, are ones that your student needs to hear about that may not come up naturally while you are driving them to basketball or walking the dog.
And that brings us to the “HOW”. HOW will this look?
- The hope is that these THREE things would happen:1. We are not set out to scare our young kids or enforce a behavior, but to start a dialogue about various topics that they are facing.
2. This guys/girls night group will be a starting point for parents to help their child. We are not going to be covering every topic in its entirety, but we hope that this group helps your kid to understand that they can go to you in the future.
3. This group will have an “all hands on deck” mentality where our parents are helping lead group times or activities.
GIRLS NIGHTS: Girls Night Sign Up – Click Here!
WEDNESDAYS, JUNE 12-JULY 10
LOCATION: GUEVARA HOME (southeast Rockford)
With their MSM leaders: Emily Krantz and Sue Johnson, and middle school mom: Noel Guevara
GUYS NIGHTS: Guys Night Sign – Click Here!
WEDNESDAYS, JULY 24- AUGUST 7
With their MSM leaders: Joel Bradford and Juston Stratemeyer
The parent and child are expected to be at all the nights (but we also understand that life happens or vacations may be already planned).